Very Important News

24 HOURS A DAY, 365 DAYS A YEAR NOT JUST IMPORTANT, VERY IMPORTANT

Monday, December 11, 2006

The Buzz: Richards and Gibson 'buddy-buddy'?

Report by Clarissa Scheissberg

'Politically correct' actor
Mel Gibson, has given his support to disgraced comic Michael Richards, revealing he came close to penning a note to the former Seinfeld star after his racist rant in a Los Angeles comedy club. The movie mogul, who hit the headlines this summer for making drunken anti-Semitic remarks to a California highway patrol cop, insists he knows what Richards is going through.

Gibson allegedly told our source "I felt like sending Michael Richards a note. But I don't know how it would affect my career siding with a racist. I mean on one hand I feel really badly for the guy. He was obviously in a state of stress. You don't need to be inebriated to be bent out of shape. Don't get me wrong it really helps if you are, I mean look at what I went through, I was let off easy. But my heart went out to the guy... I like him. He's like the brother I always wanted. Maybe we could star in a Bad Boys-esque picture, but for white people?"

But
Gibson remains a lone voice of support for Richards - Oscar nominee Queen Latifah has also 'weighed in' with her verdict on the controversy. She says, "It's always disappointing when you hear someone say something really stupid and really foul and wrong... You pray for people like him." Before allegedly adding "What? Weren't we talking about the harsh critics of my classic film Taxi?"

Will Richards team up with Gibson to make a film?
VIN will be reporting on it as long as it isn't as bad as Lethal Weapon 4, and Taxi. So don't expect an update on this film anytime soon!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What u mean??? Taxi was an awesome film!!!

Tim Story

12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home